10:50 AM

Arriving in Provo

I have had this site for sometime now and just haven't done anything with it, so I decided it was about time I put some effort into getting something... anything up!

I have safely arrived to my destination in Provo Utah. It was good to see family on the way out and to partition the trip out to three driving periods. I think that the most boring drive had to be from Colorado to Utah. Wyoming is NOT a very interesting place at all. I am settling in just fine in my apartment. I have all of my things unpacked and somewhat organized.

It is certainly a huge culture shock for me here and it will take a lot of getting used to. It is a good place though and I’m hoping that school doesn’t kick my tail too bad b/c I would like to keep my sanity. I just hope that my room fosters a good environment to study in. Luckily there is another desk in my room that I can use to study so that I don’t have to sit in front of my computer to study all the time b/c it’s so hard to stay focused when I have a computer right in front of me. Some of my roommates were starting to ready some of their books for school and so I am starting to question what I got myself into… L

I know for sure that I am going to miss all of my friends back in Illinois. It’s going to be nearly impossible to top the group I had there, especially in the realm of soccer. I don’t know who I am going to play for now for fun.

It is weird to be in a new place yet again and not have a clue as to where anything is or how to get there. I guess that is part of the “fun” though. I am going to try to get acquainted real quick. I have gone to a few class locations already b/c I don’t want to look too much like the new guy.

I saw the aftermath of a fender-bender outside of Patricia’s place and it was so weird for me b/c the young guy and older guy got out of their vehicles, probably did the usual accident conversations and then they were smiling and talking for a while. About 15 minutes or so passed, the Police never showed up b/c I don’t think they were ever called and then both of the parties left! I don’t know what they were thinking! The cop will have a hard time documenting the accident when no one is there and he can’t see the damage…

I have found that the people around here talk a LOT about other people and relationships. They will talk about how someone lost weight, who so and so is dating, who got engaged/married, what dates to go on, etc. I knew I was in a new location when the karaoke was at Applebee’s and not at a bar, and when a guy thought a date went totally awesome and the climax was that they almost held hands. Just humorous to me is all.

I hiked the "Y" on Friday the 29th of August and it was a pretty good hike. I haven't gone on a hike in quite some time. Patricia and I tried to take a shortcut that didn't quite work but it was still fun to climb such a steep slope!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

i didn't know you had a blog! the pictures are awesome. miss you tons.